This image courtesy of thejoyofcleaneating.com
Who said junk food had to be unhealthy? Feel better about your snacking habits with this recipe for Homemade Healthy Doritos! This homemade junk food recipe is both vegan and gluten-free so just about everyone will be able to gather around, and enjoy!
Ingredients for 1 serving of chips:
- 1 whole grain tortilla shell of your choice
- 4 tbsp Homemade Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or regular extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your tortilla shells into 8 equal sized triangle pieces.
- Lay your triangles out on a baking tray. (I line mine with non stick foil for easy clean up!)
- Lightly spray or brush your triangles with olive oil and sprinkle with the crushed crouton mixture, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Place in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. You will need to keep a close eye on them for the last few minutes as they can go from almost done to burnt very quickly!
- Once your tortilla chips are done remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. They crisp up wonderfully after cooling down.
Makes 1 serving.
Serving size 8 chips.
Nutritional info will vary greatly depending on the type of bread used in the croutons and tortilla shells used.
You can easily double or even triple this recipe to make a larger batch of chips to have on hand.
Leftover doritos can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.