Sunday, September 9, 2012

Peeta's Stuffed Cheese Buns



Peeta's Stuffed Cheese Buns



1 cup warm water (probably somewhere between 105º and 115º. I just get it hot from the tap. Don't get it too hot or it will kill the yeast.)

2 tablespoons yeast

2 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 cup melted butter

1/4 cup olive oil

3 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons salt



-At least 8 oz. of cheese, the more the merrier (I used chunks of mozzarella for the inside and a mixture of shredded colby and swiss for the top. I was just trying to use up all the forgotten chunks in the hidden corners of the fridge)

-Parmesan cheese

-A few tablespoons of melted butter mixed with a sprinkle of garlic powder and some fresh herbs if you want.



Mix together the yeast and water and let it sit for a couple minutes. Add the sugar, garlic powder, melted butter, and oil. Add the flour a little and a time, mixing in your stand mixer with a dough hook. Add the salt. Knead for 10 minutes, in the stand mixer or by hand. Let the dough rise in a greased bowl (I used the same bowl) covered with a wet cloth for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375º. Divide the dough into about 20 pieces or so (you can make them as big or small as you want). Put about a 3/4 inch chunk of cheese in each one and make sure you pinch all the edges back up tightly. Put the pinched side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle the buns with more shredded cheese and some parmesan cheese. Bake at 375ºF for about 11-15 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Brush with the melted butter and serve warm.
 
This recipe came from www.yammiesnoshery.com
 
I'm going to add some bacon into the mix with these bad boys.
 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, your recipes and pictures all look so good :) My husband has already been looking over my shoulder and making 'suggestions.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures and these look absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat those pictures! I will definitely be trying this recipe! I'm thinking it might go great with spaghetti, or fettuccine alfredo, or meatloaf! YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMYYYY!! I'll be saving this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS !! My husband loves stuffed crust pizza so I bet he would love these, I am going to make them with dinner TY !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome....definitely have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold the phone!!! Those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes these look delicious! I'm not great at baking but these would be worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure that these are absolutely to die for! I'm bookmarking this post so that I can try these one night :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow these sound and look amazingly delicious! Bookmarking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures, makes me want a bite. :)

    ReplyDelete