20 ounces of kosher dill burger sliced pickles
3/4 cup pickle juice
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 ranch seasoning packet
Ranch Dip for dipping
- Open the jar of pickles and reserve 3/4 cup juice. Set aside.
- Drain any remaining juice and arrange the pickles in a single layer on a cookie sheet to dry. I used paper towels to help absorb any moisture. You want the pickle slices as dry as possible so that the coating adheres to it.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pickle juice, ranch dressing, tabasco sauce, egg, flour, and cornstarch. Whisk until well combined.
- In a shallow dish (I used a cake pan), combine panko bread crumbs and ranch seasoning packet.
- Dip each dried pickle into batter, allowing the excess batter to fall, then dip each pickle into the panko mixture and set aside. Continue dipping and coating each pickle.
- Heat 1-1.5 inches of oil in a large skillet. When the oil has reached about 360 degrees, carefully place a few pickles in the skillet at a time and cook for about 3 minutes, or until both sides are crispy and brown.
- Remove the cooked pickles from the oil, and place on paper towels to drain.
- Continue cooking pickles in batches until all are cooked.
- Serve pickles immediately with homemade ranch dip.