- 6ouncesgingersnap cookies
- 2tablespoonsunsalted butter, melted
- 1tablespoonheavy cream
- 2cupsfresh blueberries, divided
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1pintpeach ice cream, softened in refrigerator for 20 minutes
- 2cupswhipped cream (made from 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1/4cupchopped crystallized ginger
- Finely grind cookies in a food processor (you should have about 1 1/3 cups). Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl. Add butter and cream; stir to coat. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Toss 1 3/4 cups blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl; let macerate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer blueberry mixture to a large heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat until berries soften and juices are released, 10–15 minutes. Strain berries through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Cover and chill juices and berries separately until cold.
- Mix softened ice cream with chilled cooked blueberries. Scrape ice cream mixture into crust; smooth top. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. DO AHEAD Pie can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep frozen.
- Soften pie in refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream; scatter remaining 1/4 cup fresh blueberries over. Garnish with ginger. Drizzle each slice with reserved blueberry juices.
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/06/peach-blueberry-ice-cream-pie#ixzz1zxNOVULz