Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Maple Syrup


I’m all about saving money, and I like do-it-yourself options, especially if they are quick and easy.
While digging through a box of family recipes, I found one for the easiest homemade syrup ever. It is way cheaper than the cheapest generic, plus you get to decide what flavor! To top it off, this was faster to make than the pancakes. 
Maple Syrup
  • 1 cup white sugar.
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar.
  • 1 cup water.
  • 1 teaspoon maple flavoring.
Boil until dissolved and you are done.
I sometimes also add a teaspoon of butter pecan in addition to the maple, or pretty much any flavoring your heart desires. Once it has cooled I just pour it back into an old syrup bottle. I’m sure you could convert some of the sugar to splenda and even use real Maple extract instead of imitation if you wanted. Try it out and play around with it.

This was posted by:  The Crazy Coupon Lady

I will be trying this since my kids love pancakes and waffles.  It sounds easy and fast.  Hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment