"We developed this version of Harry Potter's butter beer after trying several online recipes that were sickly sweet. It is basically an old fashioned ice cream soda. Mixture may foam and overflow if you are not careful."
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- 10 fluid ounces seltzer water
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Spoon butterscotch topping into a tall glass. Whisk 1 to 2 fluid ounces seltzer water into butterscotch topping until topping is slightly thinned. Add the remaining seltzer water until glass is 3/4 full. Gently scoop ice cream into glass.
- For a creamier textured butter beer, you can stir a small amount of softened ice cream (about 1 to 2 tablespoons) into the butterscotch topping before adding the seltzer. This also results in a foamier head on top. Sweetness may be adjusted to taste by adding more or less butterscotch topping. Sugar-free ingredients can be substituted.