- 1 quart barely boiling hot water
- 4 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 quart ice cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (optional)
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and cut into spears
- Pour the barely boiling hot water into a large pitcher, and add the tea bags. Steep the tea 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the tea bags, and pour in the ice water. Pour in the pineapple juice. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour the tea over ice, garnish with pineapple spears, and serve.