- 1 big green apple, peeled, cored, and diced (I recommend a Granny Smith apple.)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- pinch(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- Powdered sugar
- Whisk together the cinnamon, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, egg, vanilla, and milk until combined, but don't worry about lumps. (This is one of those recipes with baking powder, so you need to measure carefully.)
- Melt the butter in the skillet on medium heat. Add the apples, and then pour the batter over them. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, take the skillet off the burner, and remove the lid.
- Use the spatula to loosen the cake from the sides of the skillet. Next, put the serving plate upside-down over the skillet, and flip the pancake onto the plate by turning the whole thing over. (Use potholders to protect your hands).
- Sift powdered sugar over the top (which used to be the bottom). Savor your masterpiece