Monday, June 25, 2012

3 day cleanse with micronutrient foods

3 Day Cleanse with micronutrient foods:

Plants filled with micronutrients. The vitamins and minerals your body needs to be healthy.
This means: vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes (beans), and seeds.
No processed foods, no dairy, no flour, no added sugar, no meat.
But I can eat: avocado! quinoa! (it’s actually seeds!) tomatoes! beans! and lots of other tasty things!

 

Freshly juiced apple juice… AMAZING! Add in some spinach and kale, which you won’t taste, and you’re just packing in nutrients. We’re having fresh juice a couple of times during the day, and eating some un-juiced too. (bananas don’t juice so well…) Other than that, we’re snacking on nuts and my yummy freshg quina salad. And avocados. I’m also not eating any salt! That’s the hard part for me. I love salty foods. So I just make sure to add lots of other flavors so my mouth doesn’t miss the salt – fresh garlic, onions, and lime juice in the quinoa salad and on the avocados!

Here’s a couple of our juice recipes we’ve made….

Light green juice - (a great breakfast juice – It keeps us full until lunch! It’s a great “beginning” juice recipe… tastes like apple juice!)
Ingredients:

3 apples
3 carrots
Huge handful of spinach
Huge handful of kale or collard greens
1 orange
Ours made 28oz – enough for the both of us!

Dark green juice - (this one definitely has a more intense veggie flavor…)
Ingredients:

1 apple
1 carrot
1 cucumber
2 celery stalks
Huge handful of spinach
Huge handful of kale or collard greens
a few sprigs of parsley
What’s great about the juices – you can change them to what tastes good to you! add in a little more spinach, lemon juice, ginger, etc.

Share any juice recipes that you love! We’re still experimenting with more veggies and fruit! I haven’t tried any tomato juice ones yet, but I really want to. We added a very small section of a beet to one and we both HATED it. ew ew ew. So bitter. But, it did make the drink a nice pink color… still not worth it. Ha!

5 comments:

  1. Ι'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a νеry еаsy οn the eyеѕ
    which maκes it much more pleаsant foг mе to cοmе heгe and visit moгe often.
    Diԁ you hire out a deѕіgnеr tο cгеate уοuг
    themе? Οutstanding wοгκ!


    my site Recipes For juicing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really maκе іt seem really easy alοng with your ρresentation however I find this topiс to bе гeally ѕomеthing that
    I bеlieve I'd by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very wide for me. I am looking ahead in your subsequent submit, I will try to get the cling of it!

    my weblog juicing recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Аhaa, its pleaѕant dіscussion regarding
    this piеce of writing hеre at thiѕ web site, I have read all that, so at thіs time me alѕo commenting at
    thіs рlаce.

    Feel frее to νisit my sіtе http://www.veggiejuicerecipes.com/veggie-juice/read-this-article-to-learn-why-you-need-juicing-in-your-life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, i believe that i ѕaw you visited mу web site so і came to return the want?
    .I'm attempting to in finding things to enhance my site!I guess its adequate to use some of your concepts!!

    my weblog :: Www.vegetablejuicingrecipesforweightloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,
    you can be a great author. I will remember to bookmark
    your blog and definitely will come back in the future.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice day!



    Also visit my web blog; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssM7AkwzHtY

    ReplyDelete