Monday, June 25, 2012

Fresh Quinoa Salad


I have a desire for this to be a food blog. SO - sometimes there's just some things I gotta share with you! I eat this dish at least once-ish a week. It's so tasty. And healthy. And easy. And gluten free. And vegan (if you don't put in goat cheese!). And easy to change to your tastes! I named it “fresh quinoa salad”.

Fresh Quinoa Salad Recipe-

Ingredients: (what’s awesome is that you can put whatever you currently have in your kitchen or what fits your taste! I didn’t list any amounts below because it just depends on what you’re wanting.)

Black beans
Corn
Zucchini
Yellow squash
Grape tomatoes
Dry Coleslaw mix (pre-dressing. it’s comes in a bag near the lettuce. it has shredded carrots & broccoli & cabbage)
Green bell pepper
Cooked quinoa (mine was a mix of regular and red quinoa)
Lime juice (I use one whole lime)
Salt, garlic powder, onion flakes
Goat cheese!
Other things that you could put in but I didn’t this time:
Red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
Olive oil
Chicken
Cilantro
Chick peas
Spinach
Onions / Green onions
Avocado!!
Instructions:
Cut all the veggies and mix it all together. No really. That’s it. I just get a massive bowl and put it all the cut up veggies, beans, corn, quinoa, & lime juice. I sprinkle the goat cheese on top. Leave it off and it’s vegan!
Thanks to The Burlap Bag



No comments:

Post a Comment