By Anne Coleman
- 6 pitas, 6-inch size, I use whole wheat
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using kitchen shears, cut pitas clear around the edge, making two pita halves.
- Top each pita half with chicken, barbecue sauce, cheese and green onion.
Set pitas on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is
melted and bubbly.
The green onions can be omitted for those who aren't fans
Hands-On Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Ready In: 20min
Yield: 6, two pita halves per person