By Anne Coleman
1 cup acini di pepe pasta
1 cup frozen peas
2 turkey or chicken hot dogs - sliced thinly
4 ounces (about 1 cup) shredded melting cheese such as American, cheddar or gruyere
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper as desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just before desired doneness is reached.
- Two minutes before pasta is done, add peas and hot dogs to cooking water and cook until heated through.
- Drain water from pasta, hot dogs and peas.
- Put back into pot and add milk and cheese. Heat over a very low flame, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and pasta is coated well.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings