1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French or country Italian loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 4 slices (2/3 oz each) American cheese
- 1 Heat closed contact grill or panini maker 5 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, on cutting board, carefully unroll dough. Cut into 8 rectangles. Place 2 rectangles on grill; close grill. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- 3 In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- 4 Top each of 4 rectangles with one-fourth of the beef, one-fourth of the pepper mixture and 1 slice cheese. Top with remaining rectangles.
- 5 Place 2 sandwiches on grill; close grill. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
You can use leftover roast beef or steak, thinly sliced, instead of purchasing deli roast beef.