- 1 package(s) (20 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 pound(s) (90%) lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) margarine, substitute butter
- 1 cup(s) (half a 10-ounce bag) chopped onions
- 1/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray 1 1/2-quart ceramic or glass baking dish or deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Press cold mashed potatoes onto bottom and up side of casserole. Bake potato crust 20 minutes or until edge is golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground beef and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking it up with side of spoon. Spoon beef into paper-towel-lined bowl to drain.
- In same skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onions and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet with onions. Stir in ketchup and dried dill. Reduce heat to low; stir in parsley and sour cream.
- Spoon ground-beef mixture into mashed-potato crust; garnish with dill sprigs to serve.