By Anne Coleman
Sliders are very popular right now and this version made with ground turkey and baked rather than fried is not only good, but good for you. My kids ate these like there was no tomorrow and even the pickiest of them finished his plate without a complaint. Served with baked Parmesan fries this was the perfect 'fast food' meal and the cost per slider is about 45 cents -- that's good, too.
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil,, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano,, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 16 dinner or slider rolls
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
- Combine ground turkey, cheese and all seasonings. Mix together well.
- Shape turkey into 16 small patties.
- Place patties on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked through. Be careful not to cook too long or they will become dried out.
- Combine mayonnaise with honey Dijon mustard and stir until well blended.
- Place on rolls and top with honey Dijon mayo.