Total Time: 38 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Oven Temp: 400
- 1 pound(s) backfin lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage and shell
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fine fresh breadcrumbs (from 3 slices white bread)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- Citrus Wasabi Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine crabmeat and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk egg, chives, mayonnaise, mustard, seasoning, and lemon zest until blended; add to crab mixture and stir.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, shape mounds of crab mixture (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) into small round cakes, about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook cakes 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned. Transfer cakes to a paper towel to blot up excess oil, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake crab cakes 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Top each with a small dollop of Wasabi Mayonnaise.
- Citrus Wasabi Mayonnaise: Stir 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice into 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise.